Lead Auditor Training Course
The course aim is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of food safety management systems (FSMS) against ISO 22000, in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 22003 including ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable).
Gain the confidence to effectively audit a FSMS in accordance with internationally recognized best practice techniques or demonstrate your commitment to food safety by transforming existing auditor skills to FSSC 22000. This course will allow you to consolidate your expertise with the latest developments and contribute to the continuous improvement of the business.
You’ll grasp the key principles and practices of effective FSMS audits in line with ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 and ISO 19011 ‘Guidelines for auditing management systems’.
Over five days, you’ll gain the knowledge and skills required to undertake and lead a successful food safety management systems audit; using a step-by-step approach, you’ll be guided through the entire audit process from initiation to follow-up. Learn to describe the purpose of a FSSC 22000 audit and satisfy third party certification as well as grasp the key principles and practices of effective food safety management system audits in accordance with FSSC 22000 version 4 inclusive of specific audit criteria for:
- ISO 22000:2005 ‘Food Safety Management Systems – Requirements for any organization in the food chain’
- • ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 ‘Prerequisite programs on food safety, Part 1- Food Manufacturing’
- • FSSC Scheme Additional Requirements ‘Part 2 Requirements for Certification’
Acquire the skills to plan, conduct, report, and follow up a FSMS audit that establishes conformity, enhances food safety compliance, and overall organizational performance.
This course is certified by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and meets the training requirements for IRCA Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) Auditor Certification.
On completion, you’ll be awarded a CQI/IRCA certified training course certificate.
Who should attend?
Anyone with the need to audit an organization’s FSMS.
What will I learn in the training?
You will gain the knowledge to:
- Describe the purpose of a FSMS, of FSMS standards, of management system audits and of third party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 22003 including ISO/IEC 17021, where appropriate)
You will gain the skills to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a FSMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 22000 in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 22003 including ISO/IEC 17021, where appropriate)
- Apply the concept of product and process risk to audit findings
You should have a good knowledge of ISO 22000 and the key principles of a FSMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO 22000:2018 Requirements course. It will also help if you have attended an internal or lead auditor course or have experience with conducting internal or supplier audits.
We also recommend a prior knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- Implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- Relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location).
- Knowledge of prerequisite programs as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- The principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 22000 or acceptable equivalent, which may be gained by completing a ISO 22000:2018 Requirements course
- Meet training requirements for CQI/IRCA certification.
Ready to Talk?
DO YOU HAVE A BIG IDEA WE CAN HELP WITH?