Energy Management System ISO 50001
Organizations, operations, and locations that consume large amounts of energy will benefit from better planning and management of their energy resources. As energy becomes more expensive, and organizations work to maintain costs, an energy management system (ENMS) will benefit those that invest early. Coupled with goals for lower GHG emissions, renewable energy use, and integration with ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, organizations will also make considerable improvements in sustainability, environmental impact, and OH&S hazards prevention. ISO 50001 will integrate easily with a business’ other management systems, such as quality (ISO 9001), environmental (ISO 14001), and OH&S (ISO 45001). It utilizes the same PDCA model that has made other standards successful. In addition, professional auditors’ feedbacks and discussion –as in FQC company- shall help organization in determining the required improvement and sustainable ways for achieving its objectives. Organizations that integrate two or more systems will enjoy a cost reduction up to 20%, depending on the degree of integration
Benefits of ISO 50001
The standard itself does not set specific use or compliance goals. It is a process-driven approach that enables organizations to better set their own goals and manage progress and resources. Any business that consumes a large amount of energy can benefit, whether manufacturers, services, buildings, or logistics. Large energy consumer can benefit.
- Improve the return on investment of energy-consuming assets
- Establish a basis for measuring and managing energy-use and GHG emissions
- Facilitate communications and planning for the improved use of energy resources
- Create a framework for promoting and implementing best practices
- Build a financial model for investing in new, energy efficient, low GHG emitting technologies
- Align energy use with other management system objectives, such as quality, environmental, and financial
- Engage the entire organization in better energy use, lower GHG emissions, and hazards generated
- Meet government and industry contractual requirements for efficient use of energy
- Capture competitive advantage in the marketplace
Ready to Talk?
DO YOU HAVE A BIG IDEA WE CAN HELP WITH?