IMO Member State Audit Scheme, Flag State Management Systems
Member State Audit Scheme & Implementation Support
IMO was established to adopt legislation and Governments are responsible for implementing them. When a Government accepts an IMO Convention it agrees to make it part of its national law and to enforce all of the provisions contained therein.
So, as of 01 January 2016, the requirements of the III Code (Res. A. 1070(28) and the IMO Member State Audit Scheme (IMSAS) are mandatory. Plan, prepare, and avoid the common shortcomings, and ensure professional preparedness in meeting objectives. Systems determine success. Often, organizations are held back by ineffective management systems.
FQC with the cooperation with QMII allows us to streamline these systems, that are weighted down with excessive paperwork, and turn them into user-friendly, efficient systems that determine and ensure customer and stakeholder requirements are fulfilled.
With FQC and the cooperation with QMII’s maritime management consulting, our clients create a self‐improving system, driven by engaged teams, which enables the organization to meet objectives, reduce risk, and improve the bottom line.
Leverage our expertise to reach your specific goals. Our methodology delivers quick results and buy-in from the team while keeping your costs within budget.
What We Can Do for You
plan, prepare, and avoid the common audit shortcomings and ensure professional preparedness in meeting objectives. Let the FQC and QMII teams of experts work with your team to identify and implement feasible solutions. Our skill set includes:
- Implementation of management system meeting international and domestic requirements
- Preparation for IMSAS, STCW.
- Development of corrective action plans for audit findings.
- Staff Training (including auditors/flag state inspectors).
- Certification Authentication process
- Internal Audits to assess the suitability and adequacy of the system for IMO/STCW/Other audits.
- Leadership workshops for senior management.
- Implementation of ISPS Code and port security requirements meeting USCG standards.
- Administrative support services (including Audits and SSA/SSP/SOPEP/ review and approvals).
Get a competitive advantage
FQC and Quality Management International Inc. (QMII) provide Flag State Administrations with assistance and guidance in aligning their management system to meet international and domestic requirements while ensuring continual improvement.
The FQC and QMII teams consist of professionals having more than 40 –year experience maritime experts, flag administration, auditing, and management systems experience.
This includes master mariners, port security professionals, and senior flag state administration leadership.